PHS Attendance Department
Staff Contact Information
- Ms. Cynthia Tracy 9th & 10th grade Attendance Secretary
610-351-5600 ext. 73662 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mrs. Jennifer Rosa: 11th & 12th grade Attendance Secretary
610-351-5600 ext. 73663 email@example.com
- Mrs. Michele Schutter: Attendance Secretary
610-351-5600 ext.73664 firstname.lastname@example.org
Important Phone Numbers
(which are accessible 24 hours/day, 7 days/week)
- PHS Absentee Hotline: 610-351-5655
- Attendance Fax Number: 610-351-5656
Absentee Reporting Procedures
For all students
If, for some reason, you are absent from school, a parent/guardian must contact the PHS Attendance Office at 610-351-5655 to report a student's absence. This attendance hotline is available 24 hours a day/7 days a week. If a call is not received, then a Student Leave of Absence Permit Form must be presented upon student's return from school. Students and their families should review pages 26 - 30 in the PHS Student Handbook, keeping in mind that these apply on all school days and for all students regardless of the program assigned, hybrid or online.
Should parents or guardians have any other questions about attendance, please contact the main office at 610-351-5600 and connect to Mrs. Rosa at x73663 or PHSLOA11email@example.com (Attendance Secretary for students in grades 11 and 12) or Ms. Tracy x73662 PHSLOA9firstname.lastname@example.org (Attendance Secretary for students in grades 9 and 10).
Reporting a Planned Absence (Examples: Family trip, College visit, Doctor’s appointment, etc.):
- Utilize the Student Leave of Absence Permit Form, which is now available electronically.
- Send appropriate supporting document(s) along with the Permit to your child’s attendance secretary via email (scan or a picture) or fax. Supporting documentation could include the following:
a. If taking a trip, please scan and email proof of travel (such as a flight itinerary that shows dates of travel along with name of parent/guardian).
b. If going to a doctor’s/dentist’s office, secure a note from that office.
c. If attending another appointment (such as a college visit or a court related matter), please provide a note from your visit/appointment.
Reporting an Unplanned Absence (Example: illness):
- Call the PHS Absentee Hotline regarding the student’s absence (preferably on the morning of each day of absence).
- Be sure to clearly and slowly say your name and relationship to the student, your student’s name, ID number, and the reason your child is absent.
- Upon return to school, the student must submit a note (signed by his/her parent/guardian or physician) within 3 days of return to school stating the date(s) and the specific reason for absence.
Should you have any attendance concerns/questions, please reach out to your child’s attendance secretary, Ms. Tracy (grades 9 and 10) or Mrs. Rosa (grades 11 and 12) as listed above.