PHS Attendance Department
Staff Contact Information
- Mrs. Jennifer Rosa: 9th & 10th grade Attendance Secretary
610-351-5600 ext. 73663 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ms. Jane Landis: 11th & 12th grade Attendance Secretary
610-351-5600 ext. 73662 email@example.com
- Mrs. Michele Schutter: Attendance Secretary
610-351-5600 ext.73664 firstname.lastname@example.org
Important Phone Numbers
(which are accessible 24 hours/day, 7 days/week)
- PHS Absentee Hotline: 610-351-5655
- Attendance Fax Number: 610-351-5656
Absentee Reporting Procedures
Students’ parents/guardians should adhere to the following procedures in instances where your son/daughter is absent from school:
Reporting a Planned Absence (Examples: Family trip, College visit, Doctor’s appointment, etc.):
- Utilize the Student Leave of Absence Permit Form, which is now available electronically.
- Send appropriate supporting document(s) along with the Permit to your child’s attendance secretary via email (scan or a picture) or fax. Supporting documentation could include the following:
a. If taking a trip, please scan and email proof of travel (such as a flight itinerary that shows dates of travel along with name of parent/guardian).
b. If going to a doctor’s/dentist’s office, secure a note from that office.
c. If attending another appointment (such as a college visit or a court related matter), please provide a note from your visit/appointment.
Reporting an Unplanned Absence (Example: illness):
- Call the PHS Absentee Hotline regarding the student’s absence (preferably on the morning of each day of absence).
- Be sure to clearly and slowly say your name and relationship to the student, your student’s name, ID number, and the reason your child is absent.
- Upon return to school, the student must submit a note (signed by his/her parent/guardian or physician) within 3 days of return to school stating the date(s) and the specific reason for absence.
Should you have any attendance concerns/questions, please reach out to your child’s attendance secretary, Mrs. Rosa (grades 9 and 10) or Ms. Landis (grades 11 and 12) as listed above.