The Mathematics teachers believe that our students live in a mathematical world. Many students pursue educational paths that prepare them for lifelong work in mathematics, science, engineering, computers, business, statistics, trade, and other mathematics related careers. Our students take responsibility and build on the academic knowledge that we offer them in our high school curriculum. We are proud of the numerous levels, courses, and electives in our mathematics program.The Mathematics Department holds high expectations for all of our students. That is, all students should:
- learn to value mathematics
- become confident in the ability to do mathematics
- become mathematical problem solvers
- learn to communicate mathematically
- learn to reason mathematically
- use technology to enhance learning and understanding
“Parkland After School Math Lab” is now available for students seeking extra help with their math course.
See Mr. Maiatico in room B122 for details or to schedule a meeting date.