Welcome to the Parkland High School Health Room
The goal of health services personnel is to assure that children maintain the best possible health in order to benefit from and enjoy their school experiences. The Health Room Staff at Parkland High School is available to administer first aid for illness or injury sustained at school. Should a student become ill or sustain an injury at school, the student should request permission from the teacher to go to the Health Room. If necessary, the School Nurse will contact a parent or guardian.
The School Nurse cannot be responsible for the diagnosis or treatment of student illness.
|Nurse||Alphabetical Assignments||Phone Extension|
|Jacquelyn Zolotsky, RN, MSN, CRNP, CSN||A-Gfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Melissa Appleby, R.N., B.S.N., CSN||H-Pemail@example.com|
|Diane Seremula, R.N., B.S.N., CSN||Q-Zfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Sharon Oertner||Health Room Aideemail@example.com|
|Sharon Fritchman||Health Room Aidefirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Diane Miller||Administrative Asst.||email@example.com|
Possession/use of Asthma Inhalers
here are times when, in the best interest of the student’s health, an asthma inhaler should be carried throughout the school day.
Before a student may possess or use an asthma inhaler during school hours, the Board shall require the following:
- A written request from the parent/guardian that the school comply with the order of the private physician.
- A statement from the parent/guardian acknowledging that the school is not responsible for ensuring the medication is taken and relieving the district and its employees of responsibility for the benefits or consequences of the prescribed medication.
- A written statement from the private physician that states:
- Name of student
- Name of medication
- Times medication is to be taken
- Diagnosis or reason medication is needed, unless confidential
- Potential serious reaction or side effects of medication
- Emergency response
- If child is qualified and able to self-administer the medication
A notice is mailed home to inform parents of the results of the vision screening.
|9th Grade||*Height, Weight & Vision Screening|
|10th Grade||*Height, Weight & Vision Screening|
|11th Grade||*Height, Weight & Vision Screening *Hearing Test *Physical Exam|
|12th Grade||*Height, Weight & Vision Screening|